So, this is me, trying something new. The action of trying something new in itself is not a first for me (Is it for anyone, technically??), but writing a blog most definitely is. Not being a pessimist (I really am overly optomistic about everything, honest :D) but I don't think this blogging craze of mine will last. I say this not out of downright pessimism, but from limited (albeit real) experience. I may be young, but I have tried many different hobbies in my life, like the time I thought I wanted to be a sculpture, I dented some old pans and thought, "hey, in 20 years when I'm an accomplished artist, this will sell for thousands as my first work". As yet, this hasn't worked out, but I'll keep you posted :P . I have also tried a variety of musical instruments, the most successful being the trumpet ( I got to grade 2!), and none of these seemed to last once the novelty wore off.
Apparently my generation are supposed to have very short attention spans, due of course, to how computers are brainwashing us and turning us into mindless Facebook zombies. I don't know if this is true, but it certainly doesn't exactly excuse me from giving up at new projects so easily!
Anyhow, I intend to fill this webspace with anecdotes of my own, stories I've heard, websites and links I've found amusing/interesting, photos of things that have enthralled me and more. I may even throw in some recipes (I love to cook, mainly unhealthy things that mother disapproves of) and fashion ideas etc. (I am allowed to be a girly-girl some of the time, right?)
Finally, I think the problem of starting something new is down to one thing for me at least; the underlying feeling that it will go brilliantly. So, for the time being, I am expecting myself to give up sooner rather than later, and now want to rebel against that. Reverse-psychology on oneself, eh? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment